Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Paia and Back & CHOCOLATE BOMBS

The Great Wall of Paia




















Q Ball and the Girls
Judy and Sharon at Kanaha






I returned to Maui for The Crossing. I was there for two weeks. The weather and the swells were not cooperating. I baked all kinds of treats for the compound. The biggest hit was , as they were coined "Chocolate Bombs" . I needed to return home for Betty's birthday. She is now 11 years old. I returned on a friday and the following Monday Q Ball made The Crossing. I missed it! But I am going back again soon!!




Here is the recipe.

"CHOCOLATE BOMBS"

8 oz semi sweet baking chocolate
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla

Whipped cream for garnish



Place broken up chocolate in double boiler. Heat water to boiling then reduce heat to low. Don’t over heat the chocolate. This can effect the flavor of the chocolate. Also take care to not get any water into the melted or melting chocolate. If this happens you will need to add a small amount of shorting to the chocolate to return it to a workable state.

Stir until all chocolate is melted.

Gradually add whipping cream stir with wire whisk until smooth. Remove from heat.

Beat egg yolks in a large separate bowl with a wire whisk. Gradually stir in about ¼ of the chocolate cream mixture. Add this to the remaining chocolate mixture.Stirring constantly.Stir in vanilla.

Pour or spoon into individual serving cups or what ever you want . Refrigerate until set. Usually a few hours. Garnish with whipped cream and yummy!

I use “Bakers” Chocolate from Safeway only $3-4 and the flavor is good.Also when I make this I ALWAYS double the recipe so there is a lot more of it to eat.

No comments: